Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day Dreamer

I just finished my first crochet project (aside from the washcloth hang in in the shower). It turned out amazing!!! Thank you mom for raising me to be a "Do It Yourself" kind of girl. If time allowed it, i would make everything myself (clothes, dishes, furniture etc).


I think it's time to refill that vase (wine bottle) with something fuller.


I made two different pom-poms (one more grey and the other more white), but I didn't like either of them, so I untied them and joined them together. Clearly, it was a size issue.


It may have been a bit industrious to make a two coloured/ patterned toque as my first real project, but it turned out ok. Look how nice it is on the inside mom! Much neater than my sewing.




This afternoon we're going to hit Dunedin's annual craft fair. After that, I am hoping to persuade Scotty to take me to the craft store so I can pick up some supplies to make this amazingly clever dreamcatcher Christmas wreath I saw in Frankie (a wicked Australian magazine- kind of like Nylon at home but far more arts and crafts).

Christmas hits right in the middle of summer here, so I wanted to make something less traditional (read: less winter). I let out a muffled squeal when I saw this.

Scotty is on duty tonight at the hostel- the craft storms are gonna hit hard tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment