Thursday, November 24, 2011

Austraaaalia-la-la-la-la

Apologies for being MIA for nearly a week. Scotty is in paper writing mode, so he has needed the computer most of the week. I've been pretty distracted with Christmas crafting (my dream catcher has turned out so well so far), and coming up with trivia for the quiz night we're hosting tonight (we've invited one of the girls' hostels). Liz, the new house tutor (yay! I'm no longer the only girl at "Boys R Us"), and I are excited to see the junior boys get all awkward and nervous when the girls arrive (some of them have extremely little interaction with their female counterparts being that they go to school and live at a hostel with only boys).  Despite the rain, we ventured an hour and a half up island to Oamaru to take in the Victorian Fete on Sunday. I took a billion pics (coming soon). It was incredible how many people were decked out in Victorian garb- even the little kids were dressed up (I got a major kick out of their costumes).  I also got to Skype with my entire family all at once this past weekend for my mom's birthday... I think that conversation lasted a total of 3 hours?

Photobucket
Are you proud Steffy? I made a hair mask out of eggs, olive oil and yogurt and put my space heater up on my drawers. Kind of like the beauty salon.

And lastly, we've been busy trolling the internet for tickets to Australia. Scotty finally found some yesterday afternoon. I am so excited to see Kangaroos, Koalas and Wallabees in the wild! I do a little "I'm-so-excited dance" every time I let it soak in a little.








             







We'll stay with the Satake's for a week on the Gold Coast.
Over the next week we'll make our way down to Sydney. This is where we'll be for the big countdown on New Year's Eve

3 comments:

  1. dude! my rad little sister & her husband are moving to Australia on Dec 22. If you need friends/a tour guide/cool people to be seen with, let me know.
    a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to help them move. THAT would be the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish; I've wished; I have been wishing... Anyway :) I promise, they're so much cooler than I am.

    ReplyDelete