Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I'm Feeling Yummy Head to Toe

I have this creeping desire to watch Christmas movies. The leaves are changing and falling off the trees, the days are getting shorter and once the sun sets, there's a chill in the air.

IMG_0009


With these flip-flopped seasons, I'm just so confused.

I caught myself today feeling very tempted to buy a velvet dress and a russian style fur hat, but then I reminded myself that I'll be heading home in a month and summer will be well on its way.

IMG_0007


IMG_0006


Our easter weekend was quiet. We held down the fort at the hostel and played the part of chamber maids getting everything ready for the guest group coming in this week. Next weekend we're heading out on our last adventure with the Satakes to Queenstown (arguably NZ's most popular destination), the adventure capital of New Zealand.

Last week, Scotty and I went to the place where all the Easter magic happens...

IMG_0002


Cadbury World.

Surprisingly mini-eggs are not all the rage here like they are back home. The kiwis are all about their marshmallow eggs (seeing as their claim to fame is the very marshmallowy pavlova- it kind of makes sense).

IMG_9957
TOWER OF CRUNCHIE BARS


IMG_9970


IMG_0003
VINTAGE CADBURY


IMG_9968
SILOS OF CHOCOLATE


IMG_9995


IMG_9991


IMG_9959


Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to bring my camera on the tour, but I couldn't take a photo of the smell anyways. The air was thick with chocolate- I wish they could bottle it and that my kitchen could always smell like that- they gave us little bags and we collected fresh samples along the way. Kinda like trick-or-treating (my favourite passtime).

IMG_9963
THE TOUR GUIDE HAD A GOOD LAUGH AT SCOTTY'S GIANT BEARD AS SHE HANDED OUT THE  HAIR NETS AND "SNOOTS" (BEARD COVERING)


IMG_9984
COCOA BEANS- I ACTUALLY ENJOYED THEM


IMG_9981


At one point, they took us up into one of the silos and dropped one ton of liquid chocolate from the ceiling into a pipe 15 feet below (we stood behind the railings around it). I could feel the rumble in my chest from the giant chocolate waterfall as we were splattered with warm chocolate. Such a bizarre willy-wonka experience.

IMG_9976


IMG_9977
CHOCOLATE BARS FOR MILES


IMG_9979


IMG_9967



IMG_0012
HE'S WORN OUT THOSE SANUKS, BUT INSISTS THAT THEY'RE "FINE"- NOTE THE BIG TOES PEAKING OUT OF BOTH SHOES


P4050034
CADBURY WORLD LOOT


P4050036
CLASSIC KIWI RANDOMNESS


P4050037
JEALOUS?


1 comment: