Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hot Like Fire

ST. CLAIR- HAVE I CONVINCED YOU TO COME VISIT YET?


Today's high is going to be 25 degrees, it's not even lunch yet and it's hot. Today is another beach day. Was weird to lay out yesterday and make Christmas decorations.




ALMOST FINISHED MAKING SUMMER CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

Last night we took the juniors ice skating. I've never really thought about it, but all Canadians can skate. We've all taken a lesson or two as kids (or at least have gone with our school class). We went with one of the girls hostels. 60 kiwi kids on the ice, maybe 15 of them could actually skate- the rest were all over the ice. No one skated in the same direction, just a mass of teenagers slipping and sliding all over the ice. 

I can skate, but I can't stop. Dangerous with so many wobbly teens all busy flirting with each other- I was hyper aware of where everyone was going and spent a lot of energy dodging people. I got one amazing photo of Brian and Scotty (on Brian's fancy camera... was so scared I was going to fall and break it) with one of the boys in the background mid- splits... Funniest shot ever. I will post it on here ASAP.

A RAINBOW IN OUR BACK YARD


Woke up with sore feet from the worst, most uncomfortable rental skates ever. They don't do hockey skates so the boys are stuck with toe picks (haha), and there is no liner in them, so it felt like putting on a pair of roller blades without the liner- just brutally hard plastic. I only lasted 45 mins (best to stop while you're ahead- it was only a matter of time before I collided with one of the kids)- the other 45 mins were spent laughing at all the kids flailing on the ice.

SULLIVAN LIKES TO DO HIS HEAVY SLEEPING AT DINNER TIME. I WOKE HIM UP WHEN I CAME IN AFTER "TEA" (THEIR WORD FOR DINNER HERE), HE SAT UP, BUT THEN FELL BACK ASLEEP SITTING UP.


Quite a few of them had never been, and by the end of the hour and a half, they were doing really well. Must be nice to be able to fall 10 times and still want to keep trying. My old lady body wouldn't be able to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment