Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Grow Up and Blow Away

I don't have boundaries when it comes to sun.

I laid out all afternoon this past saturday.

NOW THAT THE BOYS HAVE CLEARED OUT, I CAN WEAR MY TOGS (KIWI FOR SWIM SUIT)


OUTSIDE HAWTHORN HOSTEL- THERE ARE SOME CRAZY GHOST STORIES ABOUT THAT BUILDING


Scotty studied while I read an old magazine I got at a Spring Fete for ten cents. He knows where to draw the line, and went indoors after an hour. I stayed out and got savage. No ozone + overindulgence = lobster. I have stayed indoors the last two days- I think it's time to buy sunscreen.

Yesterday I worked for one of the vice principal's at Otago Boys. He also teaches Maths (he corrects me whenever I say Math instead of Maths... so I do it more to bug him), and he needed someone to check over the exams he marked to make sure there were no errors. 1400 exams. 7 hrs. No lunch. $190 in the bank. My eyes started twitching on the 5th hour, but I was determined to get it all done by dinner (nothing worse than spreading a tedious job out over 2 days). Scotty brought his books along and studied while I worked. I'm sure it was nice for him to feel like he wasn't the only one doing something boring with his day.

STUDYING FOR HIS LAST EXAM

WHEREVER WE GO, HE GOES


Saturday night the Satake's took us out for Christmas pics (coming soon), pizza and penguin watching on Sandfly Bay.

The weather made the night so surreal. As we drove over to the other side of the peninsula, we entered big dark storm clouds that clung to the top of the hills, but on the other side, it was blue sky and sun.

And wind. Lots of wind. Scotty and I have been pretty shocked at how windy it can get here. There have been a few nights that it has kept us up and I have had to drown it out with the fan on our space heater. I don't know how we manage to keep power.

The dark clouds stayed up on the hills, and the golden evening light ignited the green hills, and dunes around the beach. The wind carried the sand in streams out the surf. I took tons of pictures and video of it. It had quite the hypnotizing effect.





 Scotty just finished his last exam. I guess that means it's beach time?

Sunscreen first. Then beach.






No comments:

Post a Comment