Sunday, June 10, 2012

Photoshoot Fresh

I have become a person obsessed. My sister in law asked me to help with the wardrobe for a photo shoot for her salon. The stylists are entering a hair dressing competition (5 models total), but they're also planning on using the models for some promotional shots. The hair styles are very edgy, very high fashion. My friend, Ashley, volunteered to be a model and her hair is mental (bright red at the roots and fades to a deep burgundy at the ends with the most perfect blunt bangs you have ever laid eyes on). It doesn't even look real. It looks like a wig. 

I've come to realize that her hair is going to steal the show every.livelong.day. We went to the pub I used to work at for dinner and the bartender was talking to me but staring at her. Clearly.



Styling the shoot has proven to be a difficult task considering that we are moving in less than a week and much of our stuff remains in storage. I can't get to my fabric, so I have resigned myself to buying a $2 slip from a thrift shop for the fabric and am stuffing it with tissue paper in hopes to crate a bussle for a black dress.

I'm also working on some feathered shoulder pads (top right photo)- I'm working on a Tim Burtonesque Black Swan look for one of the models.

Maybe I'll become an Interior Designer with a Costume Design side business. Or, maybe I really should try to bust into the film industry so I can build sets and do some costume stuff.

In any case, this girl is happiest when she's creating.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously Chels. BORN to style.
    (you were)
    My hair my steal the show, but your styling makes the show what it is.
    a.

    ReplyDelete