Friday, May 4, 2012

In the Morning After Dark

Last night in Dunedin. Scotty has a Rugby match at noon tomorrow, and then we're on the road for Christchurch (5 hrs north of us). Our flight is at 1pm Sunday, so we'll be checking into the airport before lunch to begin our 30 hour trek back home.

MY HEART ACHES TO BE SAYING GOOD BYE TO MY LITTLE BUDDY- I GUARANTEE THERE WILL BE SOME TEARS TOMORROW.


This morning the boys did the Haka and presented us with a cricket bat that they all signed. There might not be anything cooler than the Haka. It gives me goosebumps every time.



It's crazy that our time has come to an end. The past few months have been a whirlwind. I knew they would go by really fast, but looking at our bags nearly all packed, I'm kind of shocked- within a few days I'll be sitting in my mom's kitchen talking about all the places we've been and it will be New Zealand that will be on the other side of the world.

In the quietness of this late growing night, my reflections on these past 8 months just fill me with gratitude. Gratitude for the opportunities given, gratitude for the experiences had and gratitude for the life that we are returning to.

It seems surreal to be saying this for the final time,


Goodnight Dunedin.


RECOGNIZE THE FONT? HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH...















1 comment:

  1. Chels! You are coming home! :)
    I can't believe your goodbye party was that long ago, and that short ago. Didn't you just leave and oh my gosh I miss you it's been too long.

    a.

    ReplyDelete